Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Week 8 Reading and Writing

The reading I love. Some of the stories have so many characters going in and out I can get overwhelmed and feel like I'm not keeping them straight very well. At the end, I am thankful for all of them though because I still feel like they help give a greater understanding to the story. I try to write my notes kind of recapping what is going on and my feelings about it because it helps me recall everything later on. In doing so, it helps spark ideas for my stories. So far it's helped a lot. However, the stories are a bit out of my comfort zone. I've always been a reader but dislike writing. I think I'm too OCD and stress over it. That also gets me into trouble though because I tend to try to rush through it so I don't stress to much, and end up missing things I know I'm better at. I love editing others work, but stress way too much over my own. I've only done 2 stories so far, but I think i've done okay.

I think my blog and website are CUTE. I really like my layouts. I know for my Cat story i've gotten the suggestion to change my header to a cat picture, but I liked the one I chose because it reminds me of water droplets. I feel okay about my writing, I think it could be better, but not the worst thing ever. The 2 I have done I think work well. I feel like they are decent accomplishments for me since I always dread writing. I feel like I've come up with cute ways to change and add details to it to help visualization. My favorite reading is about Rama and Sita though (which also happens to be my 2nd story). I am just a hopeless romantic and loved how they were destined and the way it came into play.

The image I chose I also used in my Week 5 Review post. I find it fitting because notes/stories are definitely ways to be enagaged and learning.

(Image from Cheezburger)


Looking forward, I probably just need to stop overthinking. If I can do that, then I can actually focus better on what's going on, and can work on writing without feeling overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment