Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Famous Last Words: Jataka Tales

The first part of the week the reading always seems to go well. I read part A of Babbitt's Jataka Tales. I really enjoyed the short stories that have a decent moral lesson involved. Some stories were redundant, since we had covered them in other readings, but each one has a point. They mostly involved animals too, which I adore. I definitely want to see what others are out there and perhaps tell them to my kid and hope he learns the lessons as well.

My best writing I think was editing my Rama and Sita story. I feel like it was wrote pretty well, and showed some internal dialog and struggles between each of them. I tied to add a lot of detail and paint pictures of the scenes. I tried to write it like I saw it in my head with every details I could think of to include, without overdoing it.

The only writing I remember off the top of my head was the storybook that involved Star Wars. I think their twist was very clever. They are taking something fairly well known and incorporating new adventures. Having a portfolio I don't know that would work so well for me, but maybe I can find small ways to tie them together.

My other class just started. I am a little stressed with the 6 page papers but we will see how it goes. I definitely enjoy the writing from this class a lot more.

Outside of school we are pretty much just working and gearing up for halloween. My child got an inflatable T-Rex costume he is living for. He wore it to his church's Pumpkin Palooza and got a TON of compliments.

For next week, and through the rest of the semester, I hope just to manage to stay on top off all the assignments without loosing my head.I am feeling a but overwhelmed, and I am ready for a break in December.

(My kid roasting a marshmallow at Pumpkin Palooza)



No comments:

Post a Comment