Saturday, September 14, 2019

Reading Notes: Narayan's Ramayana, Section A

Sorry for this being later than intended. We had a family member hospitalized/passed away so I've been with family and helping my son process. However, now it's time to jump back in and try to catch up on it all.

So part A: I struggled a bit with so many stories within the story. I had to reread multiple times to keep characters straight (even with referencing the character page). My favorite story was definitely Rama and Sita's and their dedication to each other. It was an honest "Love at First Sight" situation, and the romantic in me LOVED it. 
I loved the fact they were fated to be together, and even though the were incarnated they still recognized each other right away. They didn't feel whole without the other person being there with them. The King (her father) lamented about the bow and arrow he had proclaimed, but in the end it worked out exactly as it should. They ended up together. She even gave up a life of luxury as long as she wouldn't have to live a minute without him.

I love the fact they complement each other. Even though she grew up royalty, she would give it up in an instant to be with him. Rama is so noble. He is truly trying to do his best for everyone. He isn't selfish in the least. He is a character everyone can look up to, and they do. Everyone loves him. 

(Rama and Sita from Flickr)


Narayan, R. K. The Ramayana. Vision Books, 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment