Sunday, August 18, 2019

Week 2 Reading Overview

For next week's reading, I chose R.K. Narayan's The Ramayana, mainly because I just ordered any books listed for my courses this semester.

Browsing through the comics available, I easily chose two that caught my attention. The first one was Vaishno Devi: Goddess of the Hills. She looks like a Bad A**. She gives the air of someone who could take on anything, and win. She's strong, independent, and can take care of herself. She's a woman young girls can admire.
(Image from Ackguide)

The other comic that caught my attention was The Giant and the Dwarf. It reminds me of another version of David and Goliath. It makes me wonder if it's a similar story line, or something completely different.

Of course when it came to videos, one jumped out right away - Crash Course to World Mythology. Having no prior knowledge about the subject, I feel like it would be a good introduction to get a feel for the stories/characters, so it's not totally new information.

The other video that caught my attention was about Sanskrit. I have always taken an interest in other languages and writing styles, so this caught my eye immediately. I love knowing the histories and how the world ties together in strange ways. Almost everything builds off each other and I find it fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment