Saturday, August 17, 2019

Time Stratagies

The two I chose are thought processes I've used for YEARS, and I don't believe people use them enough. The two blog posts I read were Checklists and Too Busy.  Both can be applied in every aspect of life. I use checklists for to-do, to grocery shopping, to events, etc. I also believe we make time for what is really important to us, so no matter how crazy life gets, it's never "too busy"

Most people I know spend HOURS on their phone, watching TV, sleeping, etc. Relationships have failed because the other person was "too busy" to even text. If something is truly important, people will make sacrifices and shift their priorities to make sure it happens/taken care of. Being a single mom, I had to learn to re-prioritize a LOT, and my GPA suffered from it. I'm still working to recover, but it's just a balancing act, and compromise with yourself. Lists also help, because I can tell myself "I can watch a movie after this much of the list is done" and so on. It also helps, now that my BABY is 8 *insert crying face* that we try to have a schedule. We have school for each of us, choir, soccer, work, etc so we know we have specific times set aside to do what we need to get done. If something throws it off (because its bound to happen) we know we need to set aside other time to make it up. That's when checklists  come in handy.

(Image from Flickr)

No comments:

Post a Comment